Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Friday, June 12, 2015

Shopping in Fredericksburg and Mary's new book

Mary Emerling Curated Home, a new book was presented tonight at a shop on Main, Timeless Menagerie.  A friend gave tickets to Linda and me and we enjoyed beautiful food and wine and a chance to see what is in fashion.  Clothing was very current Fredericksburg.   The people were the most interesting to me. Carol Hicks Bolton with three generations of her family was there and Susie whose daughter owns Haberdashery, and Magnolia Pearl owner/designers and their lovely silver dog were there.  It was a fun, light hearted thing to attend.   It is good to shake up my thinking about beauty and see other things done well. 





 
 I am always interested in the art work, I thought it was quite good.







 

I love the little garden spaces behind so many of the shops. And of course always the music. This young man was good!  e

Blog Archive

Visits