Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Monday, November 21, 2011

Australian book request

Hello Marian in Australia! Thank you for writing about the Pockets and Rollups book. I am sorry I cannot manage the extra forms and hassle of mailing outside continental USA. I am almost 81 and am taking some things easier in order to do other things still. I will have to add that to the blog note about the book. My error, I apologize.

Perhaps I can scan the Pockets book to pdf and make it available that way also. It has many antique doll quilts, just your thing! We lost all of the dolls but one pictured in that book when our beloved red Cape burned down in 2005. All of the antique textiles in the book were lost without exception. The photo and text pages will be great on pdf files. It is the pattern sheets that I am concerned to get just right

About Rugs for my Red Cape, I have only a few Rug books left in hard copy, like 20 or fewer, and my daughter has some in her closet too so in case of fire they would not all be gone. I have many grandchildren and already 3 great grands, and am keeping these last books for future needs, so the book is out of print and no more are to be had except the pdf’s. The pictures on a good computer screen are so much more vivid than on a printed page.

I’ll bet your doll quilts are beautiful. Send Dixie and me both a few photos. And you will love one of her dolls! Congratulations on that choice.
Have a Great Day. Edyth

Post Script, Now an answer from Marian in Australia!

Dear Edyth,
I would like to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving..it’s a very special time to be surrounded by those you love.
I also wanted to let you know that I purchased your Rug book pdf last night and it’s a delight to behold, a real treasure..thank you!!
Warm Regards...Marian xo

Blog Archive

Visits