Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pie in the Turkey pan!



Here is a big one, double the recipe given a few days back. Jack peeled peaches nearly 2 hours for it. The end of the local peach crop is just about here, this may be our last peach cobbler for the year. The pan is about 11 by 17.
Before it went in the oven, you can see how the top is covered with 4 bought pie crusts cut up and layered slightly as needed to cover completely. Some years back I stopped making home made pie crust, but still miss it a bit. With sugar and butter and cinnamon added, this one is pretty good! Serve warm with ice cream.

The next pies we will make are likely pumpkin ones. I am ready for a turn towards fall. The weatherman said yesterday we will have 6 more weeks of this extreme heat and drought! But what does he know anyway? e

Blog Archive

Visits